We need some donors & supporters willing to record themselves on video in any language and you can use any camera, even a cellphone will do and talk about the film. Hearing from our supporters will make a huge difference to the fundraising efforts. We especially want people from outside Greensboro, NC.
Here’s all you need to know if you’d like to record a short video for Outside In. Again, you can use any camera (e.g. your still camera probably has a video function) but do a short test before to make sure audio and video are okay. Use the highest quality setting the camera offers.
- Make sure the space is quiet – turn off anything noisy (air conditioner, loud computer etc.), indoors is better.
- Frame yourself so that we see mostly your face and a bit body (see images below). You can look either directly into the camera or you can have someone off-camera ask you the questions and you can look at them as you answer.
- Feel free to do multiple takes or have someone there talk to you so you are relaxed and natural. Don’t worry if you stumble etc. – just be yourself. And feel free to say anything (e.g. some people say when they first saw the clips that it did not real i.e. from real photographs). I will edit these and make sure you come across well.
- You can use your own language (does not have to been in English) and we will subtitle. In facts, it’s BETTER if you speak your native language.
- You can do it solo or with friends or family.
Suggested questions to answer (you don’t have to use all of these and you can make your own):
- If you like, state your name (can just be first name), where you are from (can just be city or country), what you do.
- How did you hear about Outside In?
- What did you feel when you first saw clips from the film?
- What appeals to you about the film?
- Why did you decide to donate (or support the film)?
- What are your plans for seeing the film? (e.g. what theater – it would be great if you could look up the theater by their official name and use that)
- What do you like most about the film?